GT USB 40 DAC
Our pricing for this product is the "MAP Pricing." This means that the prices shown here are the "minimum advertised prices" permitted by the manufacturer.
The GT40 is finally here, built for enthusiasts with growing music collections on their computer hard drives. It’s a high performance 24-bits/96kHz USB DAC that’s amazingly affordable. Looking to convert your LPs or other analog sources to digital? The GT40 will take you to the podium with every album you archive.
The seriously-shielded audiophile-grade GT40 features a low-latency USB 2.0 audio driver that plays and records at 96 kHz. A likely first for this category, the GT40 includes a built-in low-noise MM / MC phono preamp! Record your favorite vinyl to hard disk via the USB output.
The ADL GT40 features L/R analog outputs, and switchable line or phono inputs with a vivid, captivating sound that is simply unheard of in this category. The ADL GT40 (wired with Furutech’s GT2 USB cable of course!) brings Furutech’s signature sound -- smooth, detailed clarity -- to desktop systems, especially with high resolution 24-bits/96kHz files, but even 16-bit/44.1kHz files sound impeccable and very musical.
GT40 USB DAC Specifications
- USB & Analog Playback and Record multimedia audio system
- Connectivity: USB B Interface, Analog input/output RCA jack
- USB Playback Resolution : 24bit/96KHz
- USB Recording Resolution: 96kHz (Max) supports 32kHz/44.1kHz/48kHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz (40Hz: +0.5 dB, 15kHz:-0.5dB)
- SN ratio:-90dB (A-wtd) / Line Output
- Line Output Level: 1 Vrms
- Line Input Level: MC 0.4mV / MM 5mV / Line 1V
- Headphone Output Level: 80mW ( 32 ohm ) Max.
- Power Supply AC Adaptor Rating: AC 9V 0.5A
- Dimensions: 150 (W) x 111 (D) x 57 (H) mm
- Weight: 785g Approx.
- The load (Input Impedance) for the ADL GT40 is fixed at 47K ohm input impedance for both MC and MM.
- Maximum Input Level for MM: 5.0mVrms at 1K Hz
- Maximum Input Level for MC: 0.4mVrms at 1K Hz
- Maximum Input Level for LINE: 1Vrms at 1K Hz
- The Gain setting for the ADL GT40 is fixed at 62.5dB for MC and fixed at 48.5dB for MM.
- (MC input to LINE output) => 62.5dB @ 1K Hz , +6dB(Line)
- (MM input to LINE output) => 48.5dB @ 1K Hz , +6dB(Line)
GT40 has no setting for gain to match different impedance headphones. We recommend using 16 ohm to 300 ohm impedance headphones.
- High performance 96KHz/24bit USB DAC and ADC IC chip
- Enjoy audio in high resolution at 96KHz/24-bits surpassing conventional 44.1KHz/16-bit standards
- Incorporates the most trusted driver in professional audio for 96kHz recording and playback
- External power supply: while a USB-powered device might be convenient, it won’t develop the power required for high resolution playback, so we designed the GT40 with an external power supply to solve the problem.
- Headphone Amplifier: It contains a high performance headphone amplifier with ample drive for good headphones
- Analog-to-Digital Converter: The GT40 sports a high-performance ADC IC chip for high resolution recordings via analog inputs including phono, AM/FM radio, or other analog signals.
- Phono Preamplifier: A first for this class, the GT40 features a phono equalizer for recording your precious LPs. Switch between Moving Magnet (MM) and Moving Coil (MC) or Line input
- Highest Quality Parts: The GT40 features a high quality amplifier and condenser supporting its high performance analog circuit
- High End Audio Grade Connections: The GT40 is equipped with gold-plated Teflon-insulated RCA jacks with an extremely high quality aluminum chassis and machined volume knob