Our pricing for this product is the "MAP Pricing." This means that the prices shown here are the "minimum advertised prices" permitted by the manufacturer.
New Rega Fono MC plays the Perfect Partner
It's been a while since Rega dabbled in entry level moving coil world, but they certainly come back with a bang, and the new Fono MC proves it!
Having recently launched the new Ania moving coil cartridge, Rega has set their minds to the perfect pairing of phonostage. Fono MC is crafted to be that partner, giving users an ideal phono pre-amp that matches Ania's electrical characteristics perfectly. Housed in a sleek new case that matches the look of the 2017 Brio amplifier, Fono MC makes a great shelf-mate too. The sound of Fono MC is quiet, detailed, insightful, dynamic, and well-timed.
While Fono MC has the ideal settings for Rega moving coil cartridges, it is fully adjustable ensuring that its plays very well with pretty much any other MC cartridge on the market. With 2 gain, 2 capacitance, and 4 resistance settings, it can be finely tailored to suit your cartridge's needs and your listening tastes.
Borrowing heavily from its big brother Aria phonostage, Fono MC uses low-noise, high-impedance FETs that minimize negative interactions from the cartridge. RIAA equalization is handled by MUSE op-amps, similar to those in the Brio amp. High-quality polypropylene capacitors are used in the signal path for excellent linearity. The casework is aluminum that best shields the sensitive internal circuits. Power is supplied by a 24VAC "wall-wort", further minimizing negative interactions and noise.
• adjustable phonostage for moving coil cartridges
• stereo single-ended RCA inputs and outputs
• output gain: 63.5dB or 69.5dB
• input loading resistance: 70Ω, 100Ω, 150Ω, or 400Ω
• input loading capacitance: 1000pF or 4300pF
• input sensitivity: 133uV or 76uV
• input level maximum: 6.7mV or 3.4mV
• minimum output load resistance: 5KΩ
• frequency response: 13Hz (-3dB) to 100KHz (-0.3dB)
• RIAA accuracy: better than +/-0.2dB
• power requirements: 24VAC @ 150mA max. Only use Rega PS1.